If you are in the market to purchase homeowners insurance in the State of Virginia or North Carolina, the state’s Bureau of Insurance has some tips to keep in mind.
- You should always answer application questions completely and honestly. Being deceptive on an application could result in voiding your coverage in the event of a claim.
- You should never sign an application that is blank. Only sign a document that you have filled out or have participated in its completion.
- Don’t base your purchase of insurance on just the price. You should consider the reputation of the company and the agent involved and have a level of trust with them.
- You should avoid paying for coverage with cash. Using a check is the best form as it offers proof as to payment. When you write the check, note the type of insurance the premium is for.
- Remember to ask about discounts. Companies offer a variety of ways to save including multi-policy discounts, discounts for home security devices, and even association and membership discounts.
- Ask your agent about the difference in “Open Perils” policies and “Named Perils” policies. There are significant differences that you should be aware of.
An independent insurance agent is not held captive to representing the policies of just one company. They can offer products from a variety of companies, giving you a wider range of coverage options and prices.
As an independent agency in Virginia and North Carolina, Insurance Boutique can seek out the coverage that is best for you. Give us a call today and find out how easy it is to get the coverage you deserve at a price you can afford at Insurance Boutique.